cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Possible Corrupt CUE

dannypuckett
Level 1
Level 1

I attempted to update my CUE to 3.2.1 but it failed while downloading the language package. Now tf fails to boot with the following

Welcome to Cisco Service Engine

Mon Apr 21 07:53:00 EDT 2008

********** rc.aesop ****************

rsrc_file:/etc/aim_rsrc_file

Populating resource values from /etc/aim_rsrc_file

rsrc_file:/etc/default_rsrc_file

Populating resource values from /etc/default_rsrc_file

rsrc_file:/etc/products/cue/default_rsrc_file

Populating resource values from /etc/products/cue/default_rsrc_file

entry : change cli_server:standalone:int32:0

rsrc_file:/etc/products/cue/aim_rsrc_file

Populating resource values from /etc/products/cue/aim_rsrc_file

lcp: .3 COMPLETED

lcs: .3 STARTED

start_next_phase .3

main sub_phase: 3

nsp phase_file: /bin/installer_phase_steps

It just hangs here. I have attempted to use the boot helper option but the TFTP connection opens and drops a few seconds after that. Is there anything else I can try at this point? Is there another way to get things reset?

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Erick Bergquist
Level 6
Level 6

Try downloading the boot helper to the router flash and TFTP'ing off the router directly. I've seen the CUE have issues with loading the boot helper across the network on occassion.

If you can get the boot helper to load, try the disk cleanup option.

View solution in original post

3 Replies 3

Erick Bergquist
Level 6
Level 6

Try downloading the boot helper to the router flash and TFTP'ing off the router directly. I've seen the CUE have issues with loading the boot helper across the network on occassion.

If you can get the boot helper to load, try the disk cleanup option.

I tried that but did not have enough space on the flash. I will see if I can get bigger flash. Correct me if I am wrong but I can just format a store bought flash as FAT and copy the existing files over, right?

I was able to use a USB drive to put the helper file on and TFTP from there. I was able to reinstall after that. Thanks for letting me know about the TFTP issue.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: