cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Multiple Line Apprearances

Mojo1
Level 1
Level 1

We use CCM 6.0.1 and I have a 7961G-GE I want to create multiple line appearances.

The DN is 8262 so I want to add 8262 four times so the user can put people on hold and still receive calls to 8262. I get an error stating duplicate value in the unique index. I Avaya PBX's you can create multiple line apprearances on a phone.

6 Replies 6

Jaime Valencia
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

you need to create each DN on a different partitions and assign them to the same phone, it's not possible to add same DN in same partition to same phone.

configure CF to cascade over the lines

HTH

java

if this helps, please rate

HTH

java

if this helps, please rate

Rob Huffman
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Hi Bill,

This is just a note to add to the correct hint from Jaime (5 points for this one Jaime!)

This method was used in older 3.x builds before the Multiple Calls per Line was added in 4.x

We still use this for some users who prefer the visual aspect of this setup;

This document shows how to use Partitions and Calling Search Spaces to configure multiple lines on one phone with the same DN. It is assumed that the user wants all incoming calls to start on line 1 and forward to subsequent lines if line 1 is busy.

Configuring a Single Dialed Number on Multiple Lines

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/products/sw/voicesw/ps556/products_tech_note09186a008009409c.shtml

Hope this helps!

Rob

Rob, +5 point for this excellent doc...Keep leading we follow :)

Please rate all useful posts

Hey Deji,

Thanks for the kind words buddy! I only know of these "old" docs from being around too long ;-)

Take care,

Rob

Ah, the good old days of CCM 3.3 and before. /sarcasm ;)

I would only add that the doc linked is for these older versions of CCM. The concept is the same for 4.0 and forward but you have to set the max calls for the DN to 2 and the busy trigger to 1 for the call forwarding to the second and subsequent lines to work. In versions before 4.0 the 2/1 setting was implied because that was the limitation of the system.

Be careful with this setting because it has to be set on every line that uses a number. If you have shared lines for a DN and you set 2/1 on one phone but leave it at the default of 4/2 on another phone the call forwarding will not work as you want it.

I also believe with the older phones (7940/7960) you might have issues with the second and third (and so on) lines not really showing when they ring (other than the jingling phone icon on the far right by the line button) because the caller ID display will cover the whole LCD screen versus the 2 line boxes that show up for caller ID on the newer phones. You might want to check this one out because I don't have a phone in front of me right now to test.

Lessons re-learned after I just finished making a UCM 6.1(2) system match the config from the original CCM 3.3 system that was originally implemented to look like the Nortel that it replaced.

We have CCM 6.1.0 and all I did was add the same number 8262 to the 7961 but in differnet partitions.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: