Views
Helpful
Replies

PowerChute Agent APC for CallManager and Unity Connection

wflores
Level 1
Level 1

Hello everyboy.

I need to install a powerchute agent APC for CallManager 5.1.2.3000-2 and Unity Conection 2.0.1.1000-337, the operating system for both server is LINUX.

Does anybody know what I need to install/configure the agent for both servers, is it possible?

Regards

Walter Flores

5 Replies 5

Jaime Valencia
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

it's not possible to install any 3rd party apps on linux appliances

HTH

java

if this helps, please rate

HTH

java

Hi Java thank for answering.

Do you have a link from Cisco to show our customer, that the request to install the agent on the servers with OS Linux CallManager 5.X/Unity Connection 2.X is not possible?

Regards

Walter Flores

no, just the fact that i'm pretty sure you have .exe files that are for windows and that there is no install interface other than for cisco patches would be more than enough i would think

your customer is free to browse thru all the pages and CLI so he can see for himself there is no way to install anything from 3rd party vendors

HTH

java

HTH

java

Hi Java,

actually I downloaded an agent for Linux server in the APC(American Power Company)web, the file's name is pbe_agent_linux_jvm.bin.

But I really do not know how to do it for CallManager and Unity Connection those server run OS Linux.

Because I think, I will need the root password for OS and only Cisco TAC know it.

Regards

Walter Flores

ohh, if you have root password you can get access to install any linux stuff you want (but will cause your server to be unsupported by us), but no one is going to give you the password for that as it's only used by TAC CSEs to fix bugs or do troubleshooting, not for any other usage and usually it's not even provided to end customers. TAC will do a webex, login and do what they need to do but without giving you that information.

that's why you only get a very restricted CLI in regular mode, so you cannot move anything from the server.

HTH

java

HTH

java

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: