cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Upgrade CCM 4.13 to 6.12

jolo07310
Level 5
Level 5

We have ONE cluster with 3 CCM4.13 servers and going to upgrade to 6.12 with 3 brand new servers.

Try to read all the doc, but somewhat confuse a little:

I know that I have to run Callmanager upgrade utility and DMA 6.12 and correct all the errors and warnings if there are any at DMA log.

However, I dont know the sequenece how to install CCM6.12

Should I install CCM6.12 as a publisher first, then import DMA? Then install CCM6.12 at the rest of servers as subscriber??

OR

Should I install CCM 6.12 as publisher, then subscriber? And import DMA database at last??

Thanks

Ken

4 Replies 4

Ayodeji Okanlawon
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

Hi,

You install the publisher first and during oyur install, the system will ask you if you want to import DMA file, chosse yes and then inport the file.

AFter the install completes succesfully,

You can then add your subscribers.

Please note that you will need to configure the subscribers first on the publisher before you can add them to the cluster

HTH, pls rateuseful posts

Please rate all useful posts

Thanks for quick respond.

Since I will install CCM 6.12 off the network. Can I burn DMA file to CD or DVD and import from there??

Thanks

No, you cant use CD...

The DMA Retrieval Mechanism Configuration

used to retrieve the DMA file:

• SFTP-Retrieves the DMA file from a remote server by using Secure File Transfer Protocol

(SFTP). The SFTP server must support the following commands: cd, ls, get.

• FTP-Retrieves the DMA file from a remote server by using File Transfer Protocol (FTP). The FTP

server must support the following commands: cd, bin, dir and get.

• TAPE-Retrieves the DMA file from a locally attached tape drive

Note To support retrieval of the DMA file, an FTP server should support the cd, bin, dir, and get

commands., and an SFTP server should support the cd, ls, and get commands.

Please rate all useful posts

jleon22
Level 1
Level 1

Hi Ken,

This portal provides a great deal of info on the upgrade procedure and what to expect from a user impact perspective. Take a look.

http://www.ciscoknowledgenetwork.com/uc/index.htm

Hope it helps.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: