Views
Helpful
Replies

Cisco Unified Operations Manager

cris_jimenez
Level 2
Level 2

Hello,

we are trying to add a callmanager version 4.2(1) running on a windows 2000 platform to the cisco unified operations manager if we go to

Service Monitor>Configuration>Unified Communication Manager Credentials, edit the credentials, however the CDR DB User Name always fails. I went to callmanager and then to SQL>Enterprise Manager>Microsoft SQL Servers>Sql server group>Local(windows NT)>Databases>CDR>users and we have the ServManager user, whenever we check the settings it fails on the CDR user.

could you please help me out

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Please make sure you follow the tasks for the CCM 4.x exactly as mentioned in the url below. There are a lot of nuances for SQL configuration on CCM 4.x.

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/docs/net_mgmt/cisco_unified_service_monitor/2.0.1/user/guide/confccm.html#wp1035016

View solution in original post

4 Replies 4

hadbou
Level 5
Level 5

Cisco does not recommend adding Cisco CallManager servers as members of a Microsoft Windows domain. However if your system architecture depends on servers joining a Windows domain, then you must disable the Network Time Protocol (NTP) software that is installed by Cisco CallManager when you add the server as a member of a domain and use Microsoft time service. You must disable the NTP service on every server in your cluster.

The callmanager is a member server, its not on a domain. we would like to know excactly which username is the cisco unified operation manager is expecting for CDR DB user. If I try the CAR username it fails If i try a user from the CDR database it fails also. we would like to know what kind of user is the application expecting

Please make sure you follow the tasks for the CCM 4.x exactly as mentioned in the url below. There are a lot of nuances for SQL configuration on CCM 4.x.

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/docs/net_mgmt/cisco_unified_service_monitor/2.0.1/user/guide/confccm.html#wp1035016

thank you very much. I was missing a step a service parameter field was set to false

thanks again

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: