Views
Helpful
Replies

VLAN Index Conflict

jtalbaugh
Level 1
Level 1

Using LMS 2.6 and CM 4.0.11

We have a list of devices receiving the following Logical Discrepency.

The two VLANs have the same index.

VLAN default in VTP domain NULL_10.30.100.2(T) and VLAN inactive1 in VTP domain NULL have the same index 1

VLAN inactive1 appears to be the source problem but not sure what this vlan is?

sh vtp stat gives me:

VTP Version : 2

Configuration Revision : 0

Maximum VLANs supported locally : 64

Number of existing VLANs : 5

VTP Operating Mode : Transparent

VTP Domain Name :

VTP Pruning Mode : Disabled

VTP V2 Mode : Disabled

VTP Traps Generation : Enabled

MD5 digest : 0x57 0xCD 0x40 0x65 0x63 0x59 0x47 0xBD

Configuration last modified by 0.0.0.0 at 0-0-00 00:00:0

We place the switches in transparent mode as it really isn't necessary to use VTP. Doesn't seem like it causes any problems but it would be nice to get rid of this discrepency.

Any help is appreciated.

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Joe Clarke
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

The problem is that there is a device running in server mode with no VTP domain name which has its VLAN 1 discovered as "inactive1". Either that device needs to be set to transparent, it needs to be given a VTP domain name, or it needs to be reconfigured so that VLAN 1 is data collected as "default".

View solution in original post

2 Replies 2

Joe Clarke
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

The problem is that there is a device running in server mode with no VTP domain name which has its VLAN 1 discovered as "inactive1". Either that device needs to be set to transparent, it needs to be given a VTP domain name, or it needs to be reconfigured so that VLAN 1 is data collected as "default".

Believe I've found the problem. Appears to be an old switch still on the network that doesn't have VTP domain options. I'm going to replace it asap.

Thank you for pointing me in the right direction.