1300 bridges trunking question

Unanswered Question
Jul 29th, 2008

Hi all,

I have two 1300 bridges connecting two buildings. Both buildings are using native vlan. I only have one SSID and native vlan on the birdges. There is a L3 switch connecting to the root bridge and L2 switch connecting to the non-root bridge.

Right now, we are upgrading the network to support mutilple vlans. Do I need to make trunking on the bridges in order for the bridges to pass multiple vlans traffic? I already made trunking (802.1q) on both switches. But once I assign ports to access different vlan, I could not get dhcp address (except native vlan)if I am on the second building.

Any suggestion/comment?

thanks

Gene

I have this problem too.
0 votes
Overall Rating: 0 (0 ratings)
gpan667788 Fri, 08/01/2008 - 13:32

Thanks for the info. I mean for the 1300 wireless bridge not for the AP. Since mutilple VLANs on the each end of bridges, do I need trunking on the bridge in order to pass the traffic?

thanks,

hacabrera001 Fri, 08/01/2008 - 15:51

Hey Gene,

I had a similar setup and the only thing you need to care about pretty much is that the native vlan in your bridges is the one assigned to the SSID which it linking those 1300 together... All the rest of the vlans at your switch will pass through the wireless link effortlessly... :)

Just try to be sure you are NOT restricting vlans at the switch port where you have your bridges connected.

If you need any assistance please do not hesitate in contact me... :)

Cheers,

Hery

Actions

This Discussion