Views
Helpful
Replies

7931 directory option

zeeshan2007
Level 1
Level 1

Hi,

I wannted to know how can i use directory option in 7931 phone for local directory.as i have read the document but unable to find the option. i have configure the only online line. line1 for operator. but wanna use directory option so he/she will able to find user by search.

i am using CCME.

your assistance will be highly appreciated.

thanks

3 Replies 3

Justin Brenton
Level 4
Level 4

Hello zeeshan2007,

From the below link:

Place a Call from Your Local Directory

To access the local phone directory established by the system administrator, use the following method:

1. Press Menu, navigate to locate Directories, and then press the Select button.

2. Press 4 on the keypad or navigate to the Local Directory.

3. Use the Navigation pad to select the Last, First, or Number field search option.

4. Use the keypad to enter the last name or first name for the entry.

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/docs/voice_ip_comm/cucme/ip_phones/7931/4.0/english/user/guide/ugKSsccp.html#wp38529

Hope this helps, if so please rate my advice.

Regards,

Justin

What system are you on? CCM or CME?

In order for 7931 to use Directories, Settings etc, you have to create a separate template. After you have assign the template, these buttons will be on the last 4 buttons (top 4 buttons on the phones).

esther.tan
Level 1
Level 1

Sorry, did not see that you have indicated you are on CCME.

See below for the template I have created for my 7931 users on CME. Assign the new template to the 7931 phone.

---------------------------

ephone-template 2

softkeys idle Newcall Redial Pickup Dnd Gpickup Cfwdall

softkeys seized Redial Endcall Cfwdall Gpickup Pickup

softkeys alerting Endcall Callback

softkeys connected Endcall Hold Trnsfer Confrn Park

softkeys ringing Answer Dnd

button-layout 7931 2

------------------------------

The important command is "button-layout 7931 2"

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: