cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Devices in Questioned State and DFM3.03 not sending notifications

dmamattah
Level 1
Level 1

I am currently running LMS3.01 with DFM 3.03 and all my devices are in Questioned State. The DFM is no longer sending Alerts and Alarms to Notification groups. I checked the Notification Groups and there were no devices in Devices Selector. My support maintenance is yet to be signed so I can't call TAC. Your help will be appreciated

Thanks

4 Replies 4

frankzehrer
Level 4
Level 4

Hi Friend,

if you are using Windows have a look if .NET 2.0 SP1 is installed. If yes removed it and restart the server.

If this does not match have a try with the reset of the database passwords of DFM:

First you have to stop the processes

net stop crmdmgtd

cd to ..\CSCOpx\bin

Then issue the following cmd:

.\perl dbpasswd.pl dsn=dfmEpm npwd=

.\perl dbpasswd.pl dsn=dfmInv npwd=

.\perl dbpasswd.pl dsn=dfmFh npwd=

Hope that helps a bit.

Best regards,

Frank

Joe Clarke
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

If you go to DFM > Device Management > Rediscover/Delete, what is the reason the devices are in a Questioned state?

i did a database initialization and most of my devices are now in a Known state. But a have about 5 in Others and 10 in SNMP Timeout states

SNMP Timeout is pretty self-explanatory. Make sure the SNMP credentials in DCR are correct for these devices, and increase DFM's SNMP timeout under DFM > Device Management > SNMP Config if necessary.

If you click on one of the devices under Others, what is the underlying reason it is Questioned?