cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Callmanager 4.0 - Call routing problem

esther.tan
Level 1
Level 1

My users are experiencing call routing problems.

Eg. Ext 1111 (Partition A) is overflowing/routing to Ext 2222 (Partition B) which is on the hunt list (Partition B)for mainline.

I have checked that both dns and hunt list are in their correct partition. There is no call forward treatment done on ext 1111. Their DNs do not overlap. There are also no translating done.

It happens only intermittently. When I tested ext 1111, my call is routed to the voicemail (which is correct). However my user at ext 2222 keeps reporting cases of receiving wrong calls (for more than 1 ext). We have also verify with the callers that they have dialled the correct DDI number.

FYI, ext 1111 and 2222 are located at different countries, so callers are very sure they have dialled the correct DDI number.

The only thing I can think of is to create a new partition and dump ext 2222 & the hunt list into it (but currently they are already in a diff partition as ext 1111....).

Any advice is appreciated.

Thanks

9 Replies 9

Ayodeji Okanlawon
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

You should do debug isdn q.931 on your gateway to see what digits the gateway passes to the callmanager when the 2222 full DDI is dialled.

You have tested internaly and it works fine?

So you should look from gateway to callmanager

Please rate all useful posts

I have did that... The debug shows the correct DDI number of ext (ext 1111) that I dialled in to. And my unanswered call is routed to the correct user's voicemail.

However my user at ext 2222 says that she are getting "overflowed" calls from ext 1111 occasionally (thou it never happens whenever I test).

Have you checked the CFB or CFNA settings on ext 1111..if it is set to forwrad to 2222

Yes, there is no config/number set on any of the CF fields.

You can also check if you have any blank xlation pattern

are you sure that 2222 does not mistakenly show up in any other Hung Groups?

Chad

Yes, I have checked through all the line group, route group, route lists that there is no other entry for 2222 or Reception's line group (which consists of 2222).

Esther, we will need to capture a detail ccm trace of 1111 and 2222 to see why call manager is sending the wrong calls to 2222.

In the meantime, it may be worth deleting and recreating 2222 incase there is database corruption?

Was there ever a forward put on previously ? Perhaps its sitting in the cache or something.Try putting a cfwdall from ext 111 to somewhere else perhaps your mobile and then removing it...

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: