Views
Helpful
Replies

FXS/FXO Question

julio.fojon
Level 1
Level 1

Hi,

We are currently using RightFax; besides that, some offices have a local fax for SRST purposes. Since they have local PRI everything works fine.

My problem is in the branches where there is only analog lines. I need to move the line as well as the fax into the router. This way, rightfax will be the main source for faxing but when connection is lost, the router can take care of the fax in SRST mode.

I understand that I need FXO (for the phone line) and FXS (for the fax) but this is a huge investment. Is there any two port card that can handle both?

Thank you.

1 Reply 1

Chris Deren
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

FXO will only give you access to PSTN similarly to your home connection, so if you already have local PRIs there is no need for this unless you want backup to your PRI as well. If you simply want an analog phone connected to the router (not sure why), then you also use FXS port.

Either way there is no cards that have both of these, the only solution is the EVM card, but that's more expensive than VIC-2FXO and VIC-2FXS.

Chris

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: