cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Cisco ACS Group Settings per NDG

joseph.kukis
Level 1
Level 1

I am trying to figure out if there is a way to make certain settings that fall under a group configuration such as:

Usage Quotas,

Time of Day Access,

Max Sessions

to apply differently depending on which network device group the user is coming from.

So for example if Jsmith belongs to group Staff and is coming from the VPN he will have one time of day access rules configured, where if he 802.1x's on a device in another NDG he gets another time of day access rule?

I know you can apply ACL's based on the NDG the user is coming from, but it seems like the other options I mentioned above should be able to be controlled by NDG as well.

We are running v3.3 of ACS.

Any suggestions?

3 Replies 3

Jagdeep Gambhir
Level 10
Level 10

I dont think so that is possible. You have option of NAP where in you can define what database to be used for specific user. Or if users comes from wireless use AD and if users comes for VPN use RSA DB.

Please see this link,

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/docs/net_mgmt/cisco_secure_access_control_server_for_windows/4.1/user/NAPs.html

Regards,

~JG

Do rate helpful posts

"I dont think so that is possible."

Just to clarify, it is or isn't possible?I looked at the NAP link but it didnt really seem to be what were looking for.

Not possible via NAP

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: