cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

CSS Suspend Question

gbowling1
Level 1
Level 1

If I have a web server farm with several servers and I suspend one of the servers. What happens to active connections?

Are the users that are currently "logged in" to the server that is suspended just dropped? How does suspending a server affect the currently active users on that server?

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Suspending a service does not affect existing content flows, but it prevents additional connections from accessing the service for its content.

If you want to take one server out for maintainance then You should first suspend a service and then check exsisting connections to service using "sh flow" command (to make sure that there are no exixting connections to the service) prior to performing maintenance on the service.

Syed Iftekhar Ahmed

View solution in original post

2 Replies 2

Suspending a service does not affect existing content flows, but it prevents additional connections from accessing the service for its content.

If you want to take one server out for maintainance then You should first suspend a service and then check exsisting connections to service using "sh flow" command (to make sure that there are no exixting connections to the service) prior to performing maintenance on the service.

Syed Iftekhar Ahmed

Thanks Syed, that answered my question perfectly!!

Gary