cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

HREAP, doesn't work

tona_2008
Level 1
Level 1

Hi, I'am installing an HREAP AP in a remote office, but doesn't work. On the trunk port, i have vlan 5 as native, and vlan 18 (tagged) for local switching. On the central controller i have a WLAN SSID with WPA, and configured for use with H-REAP. On the other hand, The AP is on HREAP mode, it has vlan 5 (native) and on the vlan mapping, i could map the WLAN SSID with the vlan 18.

The AP received an dhcp ip address, from de vlan 5, and can connected with the controller with out problems. the problem is when the client, after autentication, it doesn't receive dhcp ip address.

Can you help me?

1 Reply 1

Scott Fella
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

The dhcp will come from the local side. Vlan 18 on the remote site not from the central site. All you need for H-REAP to work is that the wlan for the remote side has local switching checked, AP is in h-reap mode, native vlan 5 is configured on the trunk port and is set on the h-reap ap and that vlan 18 is configured in the remote site with a working dhcp. Verify that vlan 18 is being passed on all your switches on the remote site.

-Scott
*** Please rate helpful posts ***
Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: