cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Wireless Guest Access

jwaters24
Level 4
Level 4

We want to deploy wireless guest access in our office. We currently use an ASA 5505 for the firewall, UC520 with CE520 switch and 520 APs. We do not have a 526 controller.

What I am looking for is a configuration guide of some sorts to implement the wireless guest access without a controller.

2 Replies 2

slapham
Level 1
Level 1

I have not found an installation guide for that, but did work out a solution. Now I did use different equipment (I had 125 Cisco 1120 AP's and a seperate Small Office Router)

What I did was create a Non-Routed VLAN on my LAN. Created an SSID (Broadcasting) and linked it to the VLAN and then I installed a Generic Router with the Lan port in the Non-Routed vlan and the WAN port into the DMZ. I also used the Generic Router to serve DHCP for this. Is is basically totally isolated while utilizing the same equipment. I hope this is helpful.

nickle
Level 1
Level 1

I don't know if you are still looking for additions to your guest wireless system but I have put together

some simple PHP code that helps automate the guest user creation.  Find the code here: https://sourceforge.net/projects/simple-swag/

The original intention of the code was a simple way for administrators to provide simple Lobby Ambassidor like function to a simple web interface and then provide customized guest user instruction page.  In the background it uses ssh to talk to the controller and setup the account. Its written in PHP so feel free to try your hand at it.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card