cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Unity subscriber can't change password from phone

thomuff
Level 3
Level 3

I have a Unity subscriber that can't change password from phone. I have ran permission wizard, MSCW, and DC/GC Reconnect with no success. It seems to be the one user having this problem. Does anyone know how to fix this issue or hints that would help solve this issue.

Thank you.

Also, we have tried swapping phone, resetting phone. etc...

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Please check that the subscriber alias is unique. If the alias is not unique, Unity will generate an error in the Event Viewer:

SubLoadData.LoadSubscriberDataJava state failed loading a single row from vw_Subscriber table using alias=

In my case, running Unity UM 4.2(1) gave the same error via the TUI when the user attempted to change their password. Resolve the alias issue in AD, as Unity can't work around this issue.

mike

View solution in original post

13 Replies 13

Chad Stachowicz
Level 6
Level 6

I would delete the subscriber and readd it!

Chad

Tommer Catlin
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

IN Active Directory, go to users and computers

click on view and advance (to view advance tabs, etc)

click the user

Click security tab

click advance

find the check the box that says "inherent permissions"

If it's not checked, check it. If it is checked, Toggle it between checked and uncheck.

Sounds like a permissions issue to me just on that account. Permissions wizards will not reset this setting when you run it.

I toggled it. I have left message and I will have subscriber try it in morning. If this doesn't work. I will readd.

Thanks for quick response.

Forgot, did you toggle it, save it, then go back in and toggle it back?

Also check the Subscriber in Unity that he/she can in fact change their PIN. Also could toggle their COS back and forth and see if that "loosen" anything up in the SQL database.

I changed it hit apply and ok and then went back in changed back it apply and ok. I chose to copy.

Still not working. I have to restart Server because memory is at 95%. I will check it again tomorrow after restart.

I deleted it and readd. It still did not work. I think I am going to open a TAC case now.

I wanted to update this post. I still have not solved this problem. I have a TAC case open but it seems to making very slow progress.

The message is You cannot change password from phone"

Please check that the subscriber alias is unique. If the alias is not unique, Unity will generate an error in the Event Viewer:

SubLoadData.LoadSubscriberDataJava state failed loading a single row from vw_Subscriber table using alias=

In my case, running Unity UM 4.2(1) gave the same error via the TUI when the user attempted to change their password. Resolve the alias issue in AD, as Unity can't work around this issue.

mike

That was the problem. Exchange alias was the same as another subscriber. Once we corrected this problem and let it replicate, it started working. Thank you very much.

I am running into a similar problem:

What if they have the same alias, but are in different domains and mail stores, and on the same Unity Server?

I am running

Unity version = 5.0(1.0)

Patches installed:=CU5.0(1)_ES52

Cisco Unity TSP version = 8.3(1.0)

Do they show up as the same alias when you check the subscribers in Unity Web/SA. If so, I think it is a issue. Not 100 percent sure though.

Yes they do. I applied an engineering special that supposedly fixed this issue in 5.0.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: