Views
Helpful
Replies

Setting up a Job/Announcement Extension

mikechristensen
Level 1
Level 1

Greetings,

I have been asked to provide a "job line," for lack of a better term, that outside callers would be able to dial into and hear an announcement on the jobs that our company has available. The stipulations are that I need to be able to have the human resources individual in charge of new hires to be able to record an announcement whenever she needs to. Also, she doesn't want callers to be able to leave a message, just once the announcements are read, give the caller the option to disconnect or listen to the announcements again. No information gathering or any voice responses are required.

My first solution was to simply set up a voice mailbox for this, but then I got to thinking that maybe a custom call handler might be better suited. Just looking for some suggestions, as I'm trying to make this as simple as possible. We are currently running CCM 4.2(3) and Unity 4.2(1).

Thanks.

2 Accepted Solutions

Accepted Solutions

Tommer Catlin
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

You can setup a voicemail mailbox or CallHandler.

Either way, you need to a CTI built in CCM. When you build a CTI, you will need to put a line or DN on the CTI Device. Check mark the box to forward to voicemail.

Once Unity answers, you can use a voicemail box or CallHandler. In either scenario, you can turn off "take message". HR will be able log into the voicemail box to update the message whenever they want, etc. If it's a CallHandler, you will need to add access to login into the CallHandler with Greetings Administrator access.

Hope this helps.

View solution in original post

Jaime Valencia
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

a simple call handler with the greeting and the option to hang up after message sounds like the way to go. also won't use a subscriber license like the way you first thought of this

you can configure the greetings administrator and give the number to the guy from HR to call in and change the greeting when needed from his phone

simple solutions are usually the best ones

HTH

java

if this helps, please rate

HTH

java

View solution in original post

4 Replies 4

Tommer Catlin
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

You can setup a voicemail mailbox or CallHandler.

Either way, you need to a CTI built in CCM. When you build a CTI, you will need to put a line or DN on the CTI Device. Check mark the box to forward to voicemail.

Once Unity answers, you can use a voicemail box or CallHandler. In either scenario, you can turn off "take message". HR will be able log into the voicemail box to update the message whenever they want, etc. If it's a CallHandler, you will need to add access to login into the CallHandler with Greetings Administrator access.

Hope this helps.

Thanks for the reply.

Yeah, I knew I would have to configure a CTI as part of this. I was just wondering how to handle this from the POV of the end user, to make it easy for her, since I won't be the one using it :)

Jaime Valencia
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

a simple call handler with the greeting and the option to hang up after message sounds like the way to go. also won't use a subscriber license like the way you first thought of this

you can configure the greetings administrator and give the number to the guy from HR to call in and change the greeting when needed from his phone

simple solutions are usually the best ones

HTH

java

HTH

java

Ahhh...thanks for the 'heads up' about the license. Never even crossed my mind. Sheesh.

Appreciate it!

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: