cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

LDAP integration with CUCM

jjoseph01
Level 3
Level 3

Hi all. I have a question about integrating CUCM with Microsoft LDAP services. Im wanting now to pull the users from the Microsoft AD to get users into CUCM (recommended for the Presence install in working on). Im wondering if I need to do anything in the AD side at all? I dont think it will be a big deal on the CUCM side (maybe I just dont know), but is there anything I have to do on the Microsoft side to get this to work?

7 Replies 7

andrejrudas
Level 1
Level 1

Hi,

Yes, you have to create user in AD, with permission to write to AD.

On CUCM side you will use that user for synchronizing/updating with AD.

--

With best regards,

Andrew

Thanks, I have created a userID with domain admin rights in AD. When I go to put the info in on CUCM, I get the following: "Login Failure to Host ldap://192.168.5.5:389, Please Re-Enter LDAP Manager Distinguished Name and Password"

This is what I have in that blank:

"cn=joseph,cn=users,dc=domainname,dc=com"

Would this be the right thing to put in?

hello,

Is "joseph" is the Manager Distinguished name??

if yes, make sure that the user joseph in the users

to make things easier just create a copy of the built-in administrator account and use that one.

HTH

java

if this helps, please rate

HTH

java

if this helps, please rate

Thanks JAVA,

Your idea worked for me... else I was struggling with the same error.

thanks & regards,

Ritesh Desai.

*** Please rate helpful post. Please mark as answer if it solves your problem/query.
regards, Ritesh Desai

Hi,

Actually I'am not sure that is right

"cn=joseph,cn=users,dc=domainname,dc=com"

You have to put here path to container where AD Users (CUCM end users) are stored. So in my case it was:

"ou=USERS,ou=ORGANIZATION,dc=domainname,dc=com"

So, all my domain users stored:

mydomain.com

- ou=ORGANIZATION

- ou=USERS

- ou= Dept etc.

So CUCM using LDAP with download/synchronize all users using that path.

Just keep in mind, when I put username I wrote in the way USERNAME@mydomain.com (probably that is no necessary), then check again password, and look your AD probably you are already lock out :)

Good luck

--

Andrew

Hi all. I got it working. I JUST put the username in, no "cn=...." or anything like that. It sync'ed up and users are populated. I appreciate the help.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: