cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

local conference without CCM

webstd.design
Level 1
Level 1

Can I configure MGCP gateway to use conferences without using CCM? By default users from branches can setup only 6/8 (don't remember exactrly) particapants. Can I increase this number?

I found this link http://www.cisco.com/en/US/products/sw/voicesw/ps556/products_configuration_example09186a0080334294.shtml

But As I see it's default configuration Conference Bridge for CCM.

2 Replies 2

gthaliwal
Level 1
Level 1

Hi,

I'm not clear on what you are trying to achieve. If you mean can you configure hardware conferencing on an MGCP gateway then the answer is yes providing you have the available resources in your gateway and the correct IOS featureset.

The number of participants is controlled by a service parameter, the exact one escapes me at the moment but have a look in the ccm service and/or IP voice media streaming service.

Jaime Valencia
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

MGCP or H323 have nothing to do since the HW CFB is handled with SCCP.

so, SCCP is a master-slave protocol. If the questions is: can i do conferencing without CCM?? answer is no, just as trying to use a phone without CCM. no master

also if you want to use HW CFB using PVDM and PVDM2 the maximum number of users is set to 8 per conference (number of sessions change depending on codec complexity), cannot be changed due to HW limitations on DSP. a 6608 or a CMM can handle up to 16 users per conference because they use different DSP resources.

If you need more than that configure a SW CFB and XCODERs

HTH

java

if this helps, please rate

HTH

java

if this helps, please rate