Views
Helpful
Replies

Easy VPN Config problems

Tarek
Level 1
Level 1

Hello,

I have Pix 515E PIX Version 6.2(2).I am trying to setup easy VPN server on it. This pix did not recognised the following comand line.

crypto dynamic-map outside_dyn_map 70 set reverse-route

crypto isakmp nat-traversal 70

or isakmp nat-traversal 70

3. Tunnel-group

are there any command line that I can use inplace of these.I have also attached my config so I would be very grateful if someone could check and advice me what needs to done to bring this connection up.

Thanks

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Have a look at this:

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/products/hw/vpndevc/ps2030/products_configuration_example09186a0080241a0d.shtml

Yes nat-t is available on 6.3.x and above and not it is not enabled by default on the PIX/ASA. On the IOS it is.

Please rate if helpful, Regards

Farrukh

View solution in original post

5 Replies 5

Level 4
Level 4

Hi,

Tunnel-group is not required in 6.x as you use the command vpngroup.

NAT is detected automatically, so you don't need any special configuration for it.However, you should have the ability to enter the command "isakmp nat-traversal 20". This is only to specify the timeout (default 20). NAT-T is always enabled by default.

You can configure the use of NAT transparency on the VPN client.

Please rate if this helped.

Regards,

Daniel

Hello Daniel,

I tried it but it did not work. I think Nat -traversal is supported on the version 6.3 and above.

would somebody be able to send me the right configs for Easy VPN Server that would work on Version 6.2(2)?

Thanks

Have a look at this:

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/products/hw/vpndevc/ps2030/products_configuration_example09186a0080241a0d.shtml

Yes nat-t is available on 6.3.x and above and not it is not enabled by default on the PIX/ASA. On the IOS it is.

Please rate if helpful, Regards

Farrukh

Hello Farrukh,

Thanks for you reply.

I have configured everything but still experiencing the problems.

Can somebody look at my current config and VPN client logs(Attachments) and let me know what is missing please?.

thanks

Hello Farrukh,

it is working now. thanks for your support

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: