Views
Helpful
Replies

Unable to hook up a 15454E to a Cat4500 for management

PerseusDK
Level 1
Level 1

Hi there...

I have a problem connecting the management ethernet port on a 15454E to an ethernet port on a Cat4500. I simply can't get a link on the port...

Currently the only way I can get a link, is by inserting a small soho netgear switch between the 15454E and the Cat4500.

Any ideas?

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

ulapuschkin
Level 1
Level 1

ok, so the Port on the MIC-C/T/P comes from the TCC2 or TCC2P card which has an internal repeater or switch.

So, for connetion to a cisco switch, like 4K, you has to use a cross over cable.

I guess, that the small soho netgear switch has the auto MDX function. This function detecet te link and will switch automaticly to the cross function.

If yoe use the management port on the MS-ISC-100T Card you has also to use a cross cable, because the MS-ISC-100T is an internal "blade" switch.

hope this will work

Udo

View solution in original post

4 Replies 4

ulapuschkin
Level 1
Level 1

Hi,

the 15454E has different management ports.

Which port you are use to connect to the cat4k?

I'm using the ethernet port on the MIC-C/T/P card.

ulapuschkin
Level 1
Level 1

ok, so the Port on the MIC-C/T/P comes from the TCC2 or TCC2P card which has an internal repeater or switch.

So, for connetion to a cisco switch, like 4K, you has to use a cross over cable.

I guess, that the small soho netgear switch has the auto MDX function. This function detecet te link and will switch automaticly to the cross function.

If yoe use the management port on the MS-ISC-100T Card you has also to use a cross cable, because the MS-ISC-100T is an internal "blade" switch.

hope this will work

Udo

ARGH!!! it seems my crossover cable was not as crossed as I expected. It was actually a straight cable, which was mislabelled by the manufacturer.

Thanks for the advices.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: