cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

How to route different CME extension outbound calls to specific PRI's

pfc-corporate
Level 1
Level 1

I have 2 separate PRI's coming into the same CME system. The PRI's are billed to two different companies that share the same single CME system.

I need to make sure extension 33xx use PRI #1 and extensions 43xx use PRI #2

I know I can easily do this by requiring 1 (or both) companies to use a unique dial-out prefix, and matching thaose prefixes in dial-peer's specified to the separate PRI's.

However, I'd like to know if there is a way to NOT require a prefix. The reason being is that up until now, there has been a single shared PRI and everything has been setup for direct outbound access, no prefix necessary.

I've been setup like that for 4 months so I'd like to not have to make users change their ways.

9 Replies 9

Brandon Buffin
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

Take a look at the following link.

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/tech/tk652/tk90/technologies_configuration_example09186a00801bc341.shtml

Hope this helps. If so, please rate the post.

Brandon

Brandon,

This looks like it will do the trick, but I'm not a wizard with translation-rules and need some assistance.

Need a little assistance on the translation rule I'm going to use. I want the rule to only look for outbound calls, which have a minimum of 10 digits for local calls, and 11 digits for LD calls, but there could also be international calls with varying # of digits

beyond 11.

I need my translation-rule to append a prefix to the original #, so I've tested a translation-rule as follows:

voice translation-rule 3

rule 1 /\(..........\)/ /9\1/

This matches anything 10 digits or MORE to the rule, and appends a 9 prefix plus the original #. I'm just wondering if this is the appropriate way to do this in the translation-rule or there is a better way

Something doesn't appear to be working:

I setup the following.

dial-peer voice 3 voip

translation-profile incoming TPC_PRI_Routing

answer-address 4333

!

!

voice translation-profile TPC_PRI_Routing

translate called 3

!

!

voice translation-rule 3

rule 1 /\(..........\)/ /9\1/

I dial from my phone, extension 4333 to the number 4071234567 (fake #).

The debug only shows the following:

.Jul 31 14:40:44.462: xrule_checking

.Jul 31 14:40:44.462: xrule_checking calling 4333, called 4071234567

.Jul 31 14:40:44.462: xrule_checking peer_tag 106, direction 2, protocol 0

.Jul 31 14:40:44.462: xrule_checking Return rc = -5

The following config would translate 914071234567 to 1914071234567 and send out 1/0:23 using dial peer 10. This is assuming you use 9 as a prefix for outbound calls.

voice translation-rule 3

rule 1 /^9/ /19/

voice translation-profile TPC_PRI_Routing

translate called 3

dial-peer voice 3 voip

answer-address 4333

dial-peer voice 10 pots

destination-pattern 19T

port 1/0:23

Brandon

I don't use a 9 prefix to dial out, there is no prefix required, which is why I ended up making my translation-rule the way I did.

I verified the translation-rule transforms 4071234567 to 94071234567 using the "test" command.

However, it seems like the rule is not ever being invoked, as-if the dial-peer voice 3 voip with the "answer-address" is not being honored, I'm not sure what kind of debug's I do to confirm or deny that.

Turn on "debug voip dialpeer" to see which dial peer the call is hitting.

Brandon

I see a match on the POTS dial-peer to access the outside line for the number I am dialing, but no actual match on this dial-peer:

dial-peer voice 3 voip

answer-address 4333

Shouldn't there be a matching on the above dial-peer for the incoming call to the router based on the answer-address ?

Yes. Can you post the output of "debug voip dialpeer"?

Brandon

mattcalderon
Level 4
Level 4

I am thinking you should be able to use COR lists to accomplish this. I am by no means an expert in this area, but from what I do know of them, they should be able to help you accomplish this task.

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/tech/tk652/tk90/technologies_configuration_example09186a008019d649.shtml

Matt

*Edit* Very useful information there brandon!

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: