cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

How to route different CME extension outbound calls to specific PRI's

pfc-corporate
Level 1
Level 1

I have 2 separate PRI's coming into the same CME system. The PRI's are billed to two different companies that share the same single CME system.

I need to make sure extension 33xx use PRI #1 and extensions 43xx use PRI #2

I know I can easily do this by requiring 1 (or both) companies to use a unique dial-out prefix, and matching thaose prefixes in dial-peer's specified to the separate PRI's.

However, I'd like to know if there is a way to NOT require a prefix. The reason being is that up until now, there has been a single shared PRI and everything has been setup for direct outbound access, no prefix necessary.

I've been setup like that for 4 months so I'd like to not have to make users change their ways.

9 Replies 9

Brandon Buffin
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

Take a look at the following link.

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/tech/tk652/tk90/technologies_configuration_example09186a00801bc341.shtml

Hope this helps. If so, please rate the post.

Brandon

Brandon,

This looks like it will do the trick, but I'm not a wizard with translation-rules and need some assistance.

Need a little assistance on the translation rule I'm going to use. I want the rule to only look for outbound calls, which have a minimum of 10 digits for local calls, and 11 digits for LD calls, but there could also be international calls with varying # of digits

beyond 11.

I need my translation-rule to append a prefix to the original #, so I've tested a translation-rule as follows:

voice translation-rule 3

rule 1 /\(..........\)/ /9\1/

This matches anything 10 digits or MORE to the rule, and appends a 9 prefix plus the original #. I'm just wondering if this is the appropriate way to do this in the translation-rule or there is a better way

Something doesn't appear to be working:

I setup the following.

dial-peer voice 3 voip

translation-profile incoming TPC_PRI_Routing

answer-address 4333

!

!

voice translation-profile TPC_PRI_Routing

translate called 3

!

!

voice translation-rule 3

rule 1 /\(..........\)/ /9\1/

I dial from my phone, extension 4333 to the number 4071234567 (fake #).

The debug only shows the following:

.Jul 31 14:40:44.462: xrule_checking

.Jul 31 14:40:44.462: xrule_checking calling 4333, called 4071234567

.Jul 31 14:40:44.462: xrule_checking peer_tag 106, direction 2, protocol 0

.Jul 31 14:40:44.462: xrule_checking Return rc = -5

The following config would translate 914071234567 to 1914071234567 and send out 1/0:23 using dial peer 10. This is assuming you use 9 as a prefix for outbound calls.

voice translation-rule 3

rule 1 /^9/ /19/

voice translation-profile TPC_PRI_Routing

translate called 3

dial-peer voice 3 voip

answer-address 4333

dial-peer voice 10 pots

destination-pattern 19T

port 1/0:23

Brandon

I don't use a 9 prefix to dial out, there is no prefix required, which is why I ended up making my translation-rule the way I did.

I verified the translation-rule transforms 4071234567 to 94071234567 using the "test" command.

However, it seems like the rule is not ever being invoked, as-if the dial-peer voice 3 voip with the "answer-address" is not being honored, I'm not sure what kind of debug's I do to confirm or deny that.

Turn on "debug voip dialpeer" to see which dial peer the call is hitting.

Brandon

I see a match on the POTS dial-peer to access the outside line for the number I am dialing, but no actual match on this dial-peer:

dial-peer voice 3 voip

answer-address 4333

Shouldn't there be a matching on the above dial-peer for the incoming call to the router based on the answer-address ?

Yes. Can you post the output of "debug voip dialpeer"?

Brandon

mattcalderon
Level 4
Level 4

I am thinking you should be able to use COR lists to accomplish this. I am by no means an expert in this area, but from what I do know of them, they should be able to help you accomplish this task.

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/tech/tk652/tk90/technologies_configuration_example09186a008019d649.shtml

Matt

*Edit* Very useful information there brandon!