archive setting on LMS 2.6

Answered Question
Jul 31st, 2008
User Badges:

I am on the process of re-initialize my RME. my plan is to put configArchive setting to NMSroot/config_arch instead of the default var path. creating all necessary directory here like devfilles,difffiles so on.

my point is here. the old archive is sitting on old path var/adm/CSCOpx/files/rme/dcma. instead of deleting those all old archives, just rename it and keep it there, is that causing any problem??? and let say some time on the future if I want back to old archive and want access it, is that possible to access it.

if my question is complicated, I'm happy to explain more. thank you in advance

Correct Answer by Joe Clarke about 8 years 11 months ago

The only way to keep this data in a way that can be restored is to perform a full CiscoWorks backup. If you simply tar the dcma directory, this cannot be restored after the RME database is reinitialized.

Overall Rating: 5 (1 ratings)
Joe Clarke Thu, 07/31/2008 - 08:58
User Badges:
  • Cisco Employee,
  • Hall of Fame,

Founding Member

The only impact to doing that would be the space such an archive would occupy. While you could manually browse the directories of that archive in the future, there would be no way to import or restore it into RME. In fact, the most useful piece of that archive would be the shadow directory which shows you the latest config from each device in a logical fashion.

eliaspaulos Thu, 07/31/2008 - 09:28
User Badges:

thanks J. so how I can save this archive for future use, let say if I am build a new server

or upgrade, how to migrate those current data to new server? from current backup file? my only concern is if we need for some reason on the future? or there is no restore point once the RME initialized?

Thank you so much!!

Correct Answer
Joe Clarke Thu, 07/31/2008 - 09:30
User Badges:
  • Cisco Employee,
  • Hall of Fame,

Founding Member

The only way to keep this data in a way that can be restored is to perform a full CiscoWorks backup. If you simply tar the dcma directory, this cannot be restored after the RME database is reinitialized.

Actions

This Discussion