cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Second T1 WIV

kanwar
Level 1
Level 1

I am adding a second 2MFT-VWIC in 2821. do I need to add the card type t1 0 1 command in the router for router to dectect it?

Thx

3 Replies 3

Richard Burts
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Kaiser

You describe this as a second VWIC. Does that mean that you have already installed one of these cards in this router? If so the second card would be configured similar to the first card. If the first card required the card type to be configured then the second would also need this.

Some of the VWICs come as T1 only (or E1 only) and do not require the card type to be configured. Some VWICs come as T1/E1 and do require configuration of the card type. What specific card are you installing. This should help define whether you need to configure card type.

HTH

Rick

HTH

Rick

Hi Rick,

I already have the first card in the router and I have this command already card type "t1 0 0". do I just add card type t1 0 1 or 0 1. this is going to the second slot

Thanks

Kaiser

I would assume that you would want to configure card type t1 1 0

HTH

Rick

HTH

Rick
Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card