cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

EOS/EOL and PSIRT Reports can't contact Cisco.com

alukes
Level 1
Level 1

EOS/EOL fails to authenticate with Cisco.com when AAA mode is TACACS, it works when AAA mode is local.

PSIRT doesn't authenticate with Cisco.com in either mode.

Is there a work around or will these problems be fixed in 3.1.?

Thanks

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

I have filed CSCsr78184 to track this issue. A patch can be made available by contacting the TAC. Have your engineer contact me directly.

View solution in original post

13 Replies 13

Joe Clarke
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

I haven't seen this problem before. What is the exact error you're getting?

on both when I look at the job details it says

authorization failure for ciscoworks.

I use my own username/password when I start the job.

Is ciscoworks the hostname of this server?

Actually, it looks like this may be my bug, CSCsm77700. The bug was originally filed for inventory reports, but the error is consistent, and the code looks to be the same. This bug is fixed in RME 4.2, and a patch is available from the TAC for RME 4.1.1.

Great, I will give that a try

Thanks

I followed the directions in the bug notes and added a local user for the user I was logged in as. Now EOS/EOL works, PSIRT doesn't

PSIRT error

Unable to get data from Cisco.com Check Cisco.com connectivity. Try again later.

I remember I had the same error message when I tried it with Ciscoworks in local mode.

Could there be something wrong with the Cisco.com end?

Looks like a Cisco.com problem. I have raised this internally.

I tried it today and it is still failing the same way. Do they have some idea when it will be fixed?

Thanks

Developers are looking into the problem. It's still failing for me as well.

Development says a fix should be forthcoming today.

I have filed CSCsr78184 to track this issue. A patch can be made available by contacting the TAC. Have your engineer contact me directly.

Thanks for staying on top of this. I will open a TAC case as soon as my contract becomes active in my profile.

FYI I loaded the patch and the first time it took about 20 minutes to run. The second time it took under two minutes, so my guess is that the software had to do some setup or load something the first time and didn't have after that.

It works great. Thanks for your follow up on this.

TAC case number: 609285465

Patch name

3499351_7X_AkT_PA2__PSIRTXMLParser.class

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: