cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

IPCC Express 4.05 Sending Screen Pops to Cisco Agent Desktop

asafayan
Level 4
Level 4

I have a requirement to provide CAD agents with a screen pop that includes digits entered by the caller.

I've done basic IPCC scripting and am looking for high level tips on how to go about doing this.

Thanks!

Amir

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

jawilson_1
Level 1
Level 1

Amir:

Basic screenpop for all agents using your default layout, in Desktop Adminstrator add the Caller Entered Digits field and apply. Then go to your script and use the Set Enterprise Info step to send CED data to CAD. I've attached a couple of screenshots of a sample script and the CAD interface when you have CED display in the Enterprise Data window. Hope this helps. Please refer to the CRS Scripting and Dev guides Volume 2, Step Reference to get more information on the Get Enterprise Info and Set Enterprise Info steps.

View solution in original post

12 Replies 12

jawilson_1
Level 1
Level 1

Amir:

Basic screenpop for all agents using your default layout, in Desktop Adminstrator add the Caller Entered Digits field and apply. Then go to your script and use the Set Enterprise Info step to send CED data to CAD. I've attached a couple of screenshots of a sample script and the CAD interface when you have CED display in the Enterprise Data window. Hope this helps. Please refer to the CRS Scripting and Dev guides Volume 2, Step Reference to get more information on the Get Enterprise Info and Set Enterprise Info steps.

Thank you very much Jawilson. I sincerely appreciate it.

Regards,

Amir

Can you point me to a document somewhere (cisco or otherwise) that can detail this out a bit more? I am tryin got accomplish something simliar.

Don,

The other document you'll need is the Desktop Administrator guide to add these fields to the layout in the Desktop Administrator application. If you use the default layout you edit and add the Cisco defined variable; CED to the layout or create a custom layout. When using a custom layout you must refer to that custom layout in the Expanded Call Variables tab of the Set Enterprise Call Info step

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/docs/voice_ip_comm/cust_contact/contact_center/crs/express_7_0/user/guide/cda66ug-cm.pdf

Thanks. I thought there would be something a bit more simple - we are looking to ask the user to put in a ticket number and have it "pop" a webpage to that particular ticket. This looks a bit more complicated, but Ill give it a go..

Yah.

Now it is a bit more "complicated" - you were just being told about enterprise data; now we need to tell you about workflow.

You have to use CAD Admin to create a phone event workflow, attaching it to an event (say "ringing") with some conditions.

Then the action will be an HTTP action and you can set up a query string to hit the page and pass the enterprise data you loaded in the previous "complicated" bit.

Actually, when you have done it once it is all pretty simple. The hardest part is reading the manual.

Regards,

Geoff

Do you have a sample script that will allow to pop up a custom layout.

I have my layout, fieldes etc all popping fine in default but how do I pop up my custom layout with all fieds in it.

Thanks,

Baseer

LOL - isn't that the truth about reading the manuals!

Regards,

Amir

Gents - thanks for pushing me in the right direction. We have the script working. YEAH - except, i just was told that there is a small problem.

We have the screen pop opening a browser page in the Agent Desktop, however, the agents cant close the tab. so, at the end of the day, they could have 30 or more "tabs" showing in the agent desktop viewer. I just saw this in action, and have yet to start poking around. I am sure it is something in the agent setting..

Again, thanks to everyone.

You'll want to create a macro to finish the task of popping the webpage with the ticket number and then closing out the webpage when the agent is done IF the task will be the same every time. You'll need to lay each step out to determine if they're consistent and repeatable to determine if you can successfully write out the macro. Again, the macro feature is in the Desktop Administrator app. Good luck.

Hi don.click1,

Could you please post a sample script showing your script logic? It's interesting how NO ONE ever posts a sample script covering this topic. There are posts and posts that cover this issue with elaborate explanations - yet no one ever posts their solution.

TIA,

Amir

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: