cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Security Mode Cisco 7921

justin.kornaga
Level 1
Level 1

What Security mode on the Cisco 7921 is recommended? EAP FAST?

Thanks

Justin

2 Replies 2

slapham
Level 1
Level 1

The preferred/recommended settings are truly based on the rest of your infrastructure and security policies. I have included a link to a page that lists the options for security.

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/docs/voice_ip_comm/cuipph/7921g/6_0/english/administration/guide/7921wrnt.html#wpxref69276

I hope this helps.

Yes is based on customer requirements. If going the 802.1x route, would suggest EAP-FAST, PEAP or EAP-TLS. Can then use WPA or WPA2 depending on the level of security and encryption required. However, when using 802.1x, we recommend to implement CCKM (fast roaming), which is supported only with WPA(TKIP). Some customers rather go with the standards (i.e. PEAP vs EAP-FAST). In the future the 7921, will be able to do server validation as well by installing the authentication server certificate. For EAP-TLS, this requires higher management due to having to issue client certificates.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card