Views
Helpful
Replies

upgrade call manager

georges_nassif
Level 1
Level 1

Hi,

i ordered an upgrade from call manager 4.x to 5.x, the Cds are late, can i download the CM 5.x and do the upgrade in the meantime, if yes what is the procedure?

thanks

5 Replies 5

thisisshanky
Level 11
Level 11

No, you will need the bootable discs from the kit.

Meanwhile you can run DMA, and get the data ready for migration.

Sankar Nair
UC Solutions Architect
Pacific Northwest | CDW
CCIE Collaboration #17135 Emeritus

Thanks,

2 more questions please, the call manager is configured with a unity, do i have to do something with the unity (re integration) after the upgrade or does it work automatically?

question 2, if i do a new integration between unity and Call manager, the calls that reach the call manager are switched automatically to the unity (voice responder) or shall we configure something?

thanks a lot for your help

you may have to check unity tsp compatibility list and upgrade tsp on the unity server to work with the new CM after upgrade is over. The port configuration you have in Callmanager for the Unity server will be migrated during the upgrade.

Sankar Nair
UC Solutions Architect
Pacific Northwest | CDW
CCIE Collaboration #17135 Emeritus

thanks, just what about the second question? if i do the integration between CM and unity, are the calls automatically switched to the unity voice responder (like when you call and receive the welcome greatings), or shall i configure something?

thanks in advance

if you just integrate the vm ports of course you need to do some configuration

HTH

java

if this helps, please rate

HTH

java

if this helps, please rate
Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: