Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

POE error

Hi,

I have the setup of 8, 3750G-24ps switches, in a stack(using stack cable). IOS 12.2(44)se1(c3750-advipservicesk9-mz.122-44.SE1.bin), is installed in all switches. Nortel class 3 IP phones are connected to all the ports which required 15.4 watt powar. If i am unplugging any ip phone from any port of the switch and replugging the same back to that port the switvh port does not comes up. but if i am restarting the switch all the port works fine with the same IP phones.

when the error occures I am getting the following error message after exactly 15 seconds" Jul 31 19:28:11: %ILPOWER-3-CONTROLLER_PORT_ERR: Controller port error, Interfac

e Gi1/0/12: Power given, but Power Controller does not report Power Good ".

Also #sh power inline shows the below status for the 12 port :

Gi1/0/12 auto faulty 0.0 n/a n/a 15.4

appart from the above port more 3 ports are also not working similarly, which were generating the same syslog message and now showing operational status OFF.

as shown bellow.

Interface Admin Oper Power Device Class Max

Gi1/0/15 auto off 0.0 n/a n/a 15.4

Gi1/0/16 auto off 0.0 n/a n/a 15.4

Kindly help me to resolve the issue.

3 Replies 3

bmcginn
Level 3
Level 3

Hi there,

I vaguely recall that the Cisco switches exchange CDP information with the phones to determine their power requirements. Obviously, being Nortel phones that conversation won't take place.

I don't know if I'm on the right track here, but have you tried the following interface command?

power inline static max 15400

That's all I can offer mate, that is without delving deeper into Cisco's website.

Good luck with it!

Brad

Hi Brad,

I had already tested the same but port status remains same. Please let me know do we required any special cable structuring to connect Nortel devices ?

Satya.

I would assume it doesn't. Have you tried debugging the power issue?

ie using the debug ilpower command?

Good luck!

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card