Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

POE error

Hi,

I have the setup of 8, 3750G-24ps switches, in a stack(using stack cable). IOS 12.2(44)se1(c3750-advipservicesk9-mz.122-44.SE1.bin), is installed in all switches. Nortel class 3 IP phones are connected to all the ports which required 15.4 watt powar. If i am unplugging any ip phone from any port of the switch and replugging the same back to that port the switvh port does not comes up. but if i am restarting the switch all the port works fine with the same IP phones.

when the error occures I am getting the following error message after exactly 15 seconds" Jul 31 19:28:11: %ILPOWER-3-CONTROLLER_PORT_ERR: Controller port error, Interfac

e Gi1/0/12: Power given, but Power Controller does not report Power Good ".

Also #sh power inline shows the below status for the 12 port :

Gi1/0/12 auto faulty 0.0 n/a n/a 15.4

appart from the above port more 3 ports are also not working similarly, which were generating the same syslog message and now showing operational status OFF.

as shown bellow.

Interface Admin Oper Power Device Class Max

Gi1/0/15 auto off 0.0 n/a n/a 15.4

Gi1/0/16 auto off 0.0 n/a n/a 15.4

Kindly help me to resolve the issue.

3 Replies 3

bmcginn
Level 3
Level 3

Hi there,

I vaguely recall that the Cisco switches exchange CDP information with the phones to determine their power requirements. Obviously, being Nortel phones that conversation won't take place.

I don't know if I'm on the right track here, but have you tried the following interface command?

power inline static max 15400

That's all I can offer mate, that is without delving deeper into Cisco's website.

Good luck with it!

Brad

Hi Brad,

I had already tested the same but port status remains same. Please let me know do we required any special cable structuring to connect Nortel devices ?

Satya.

I would assume it doesn't. Have you tried debugging the power issue?

ie using the debug ilpower command?

Good luck!

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card