does cmexport / UTExportServlet produces a non-valid XML file ?

Unanswered Question
Jul 31st, 2008

I am not sure if this statement is correct as I am not very used to XML:

the use of cmexport or UTExportServlet produces an XML data file with the results. While the resulting file is a well-formed XML file I think it is not a VALID XML file because it does not contain a DOCTYPE definition or a link to an XML schem file.

If this is truth is there a patch available for LMS 3.0.1 that corrects this behaviour and will LMS 3.1 have it yet implemented?

Is the schema file usually transfered along with the data file or is it up to the receiver to have the schema file at the correct location?

Which means, if I use the servlet option for cmexport I should have once copied the schema file from

http://lms-server:1741/help/CMcore/CmHelp/index.html?Dee_DevRefServletExport.html

to the client system from which I start the query, before starting to process the data file?

I have this problem too.
0 votes
Overall Rating: 0 (0 ratings)
Joe Clarke Thu, 07/31/2008 - 20:21

The document is valid, but not standalone, and requires one to have the schema available to parse for validity. So the answer is yes, you should have the schema file loaded into the XML parser on the client in order to check the exported XML for validity. Parsers like xmllint from libxml can accept an external schema URL. For example:

xmllint --valid --schema dee.xsd cmexp.xml

As to your question about including the schema or DTD in the data, we could do this, but that would add bulk to every result.

Actions

This Discussion