Views
Helpful
Replies

set mpls-label in MPLS VPN MP-EBGP multihop

devang_etcom
Level 7
Level 7

Hi,

I just want to know in MPLS VPN where you have MP-EBGP multihop session between PEs not ASBR... so when do we need to use set mpls-label to set the MPLS label... as we are using send-labels on ASBRs...

Actually I want to know in which case or scenario do we need to use route-map to set mpls-label?

regards

Devang Patel

4 Replies 4

lee.reade
Level 4
Level 4

Hi,

You only need to use the set-mpls label when you are filtering the VPNV4 routes that you want to send to a VPNV4 BGP peer.

Ie, if you were filtering the routes via a route-map matching a prefix list, then you would put the set-mpls label in the route-map entry with the permit clause.

Ie.

route-map rmap deny 10

match ip address access-list 101

route-map rpmap permit 10

match ip address prefix filt

set-mpls label

HTH

LR

Harold Ritter
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Devang,

"set mpls-label" is only useful with IPv4 + label, not with VPNv4. This command is usually configured on the ASBR to only send label for loopback addresses to the other AS.

Regards,

Harold Ritter
Sr Technical Leader
CCIE 4168 (R&S, SP)
harold@cisco.com
México móvil: +52 1 55 8312 4915
Cisco México
Paseo de la Reforma 222
Piso 19
Cuauhtémoc, Juárez
Ciudad de México, 06600
México

Hritter,

SO does it means I will advertise only desire prefixes with the labels only right?

and what is use of match mpls-label on other hand... does it accept or redistribute prefix with only mpls label?

regards

Devang Patel

Devang,

VPNv4 includes a label per prefix. You can't change that.

With IPv4 + label though, it is possible to select which prefixes will have a label or not.

Regards,

Harold Ritter
Sr Technical Leader
CCIE 4168 (R&S, SP)
harold@cisco.com
México móvil: +52 1 55 8312 4915
Cisco México
Paseo de la Reforma 222
Piso 19
Cuauhtémoc, Juárez
Ciudad de México, 06600
México