Views
Helpful
Replies

CCM 5 and 6 Health check

Ayodeji Okanlawon
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

Guys,

I have a requirement to carry out health checks on CcM 5 and 6 platforms of some of our customers.

Can anybody send me a document of what they have used for this. I am sure some people here do carry out this as pasrt of maintenanance on their cluster.

Any help will be appreciated.

Please rate all useful posts
10 Replies 10

Chris Deren
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Deji,

I cannot send you a document, but here is sample of items I would suggest checking:

- Application version level, is latest recommanded service pack installed.

- Deployment to best practices, i.e. is the CM cluster setup properly, i.e. if clustered over WAN, are strick requirements met

- Is application configured to best practices, i.e. are regions configured, locations enforced, MRGLs, CSS/PT, etc

- Is gateway IOS using stable IOS code

- Is QoS configured end to end

- Is phone firmware stable

- Is NTP, DNS, etc configured properly

- Are there any errors in the event viewers

- Is clocking setup properly on PRI interfaces

- Interview users for any issues

- Are there any errors on interfaces

HTH,

Chris

Chris,

Many thanks for this. In addition to all of this, I will be using the RTMT, to check for alarms, Disk space, Memory as well as database replication state.

Thanks.

Chris, another thing I had like to run by you is CCIE LAB. I am preparing for my LAB and one challenege I have is KITS to practice with.

The company I am at the moment, do not have a lab neither are they ready to sponsor bootcamps etc. SO I am on my own!

I just want an advise based on your experience, How do oyu think I can source for kits fo the labs...Would you say my b est bet is rack rentals?

Thanks

I would strongly recommand remote racks such as proctorlabs.com at least for equipment that is not feasible to purchase for the lab i.e. 6500 with 6608, VG248 and mocking the entire lab. I would also recommand setting a small lab at home with VMWare images for all the software so you can practice any time.

Chris

Chris,

Thanks. I have a virtual lab for my 3 sites with IPCC and Unity.

My only concern is what timeline should I use to schedule my online labs..EG If I am 1 month to the exam, should I so 5 days a week. If I am 2 months to the exam should I do 3 days a week..ETC.

I am just trying to leverage on your experience to see how better I can plan my study.

I appreciate the help

Quite hoestly i would recommand spending as much time as possible, and it will be up to you how good you feel about your preparation at any given point. I probably studied for 5 days a week for 2/3 months, 2-5 hours a day trying to come up with every imagainable scenario, and then doing a lot of speed drills to ensure I can finish 8 hour lab (used IPExpert workbook initally, then my own labs) in 3-4 hours, in fact the speed drills were proabably one of the most important strategies as I was able to finish the lab in 3.5 hours on my second attempt.

So, dont get caught up in how much time you spend, but rather that you understand very technology and can configure it quickly and every possible way.

Chris

Chris,

Thank you. Wao! 3.5 hours is very impressive.

When you mean your won labs, do you mean you have your kits at home or in the office?

I have actually been studying for a while. I used IPexpert work book but now using ccbootcamp. My only constraints..are KITS. SO I think I will start with online rentals for 2/3 days a week for full lab scenarios..

Where do you get the VMWare images? I have askd local cisco reps and have been ignored. Any help you could offer would be greatly appreciated. Thanks.

Well,

I built them. CCM4.1.3, IPCC 4.0.5 and Unity 4.0.4

Is there any chance I can get copies from you? I can set up an FTP site and give you credentials. I have my lab date in October and this would help so much. My email is scott.ticano@mindshift.com

Sent you an email

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: