cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

VPN Client Issue

hai_nit2
Level 1
Level 1

Hello, I am getting one problem in My Network .I have installed Check point VPN client on my PC for US Office Connectivity , but when I connect VPN I am not able to access my internal networks, please gim me some solution .my network design is pcs <-> ASA <-> Router <-> internet . and thru ASA I am running DHCP in my local network.

please give me some solution.

Thanks,

Nitin

5 Replies 5

Level 4
Level 4

Hi,

Do you use the Checkpoint VPN client to connect to the ASA? Why don't you use the Cisco VPN client or the embedded Microsoft Windows XP client?

Regards,

Daniel

Hi Daniel,

Its not like that ,My office is in India and I am using ASA in my network , our one of the client is in USA they sent me the checkpoint client means clients are using checkpoint firewall. and after configure the checkpoint client in my pc I am able to connect their network . but after connect VPN client succefully I am not able to connect my own local network.

Thanks,

Nitin

Hi Nitin,

Now i got it.

Probably what happens is the ASA will only allow ISAKMP packets, and not the ports used for data transfer once the connection is done.

I remember i had to enable this at one moment over a PIX.

Try to open the following ports and see if it helps:

http://www.networksecurityarchive.org/html/Firewalls/2005-12/msg00003.html

The UDP encapsulation port might be configured differently on the Chkpt, you the admin should be able to tell you what it is.

What strikes me is the huge number of ports this client needs for some of its functions:

http://www.fw-1.de/aerasec/ng/ports-ng.html

Please rate if this helped.

Regards,

Daniel

Daniel ,

Thanks for your help,but dear I am getting still same problem. :-(

Thanks,

Nitin

Hi Nitin,

Could you check withe the Checkpoint Firewall admins to get the port they use for UDP encapsulation?

Regards,

Daniel

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: