Views
Helpful
Replies

Unity - Extension for Public Distribution list

hoanghiep
Level 1
Level 1

Hi all,

I am a newbie with Cisco Unity, now I'm playing with Public distribution list. In the "Profile" of a PDL, I see that there's a field called Extension. Could anyone explain the meaning of this field and how to configure this field?

Thanks,

hoanghiep

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Create a CTI route point "WXYZ" configured CFwdAll to Voicemail. Create a Callhandler "XYZ_PDL" and assign it 'WXYZ' as an extension. Configure this

callhandler to take messages for PDL.

View solution in original post

3 Replies 3

thfergus
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/partner/docs/voice_ip_comm/unity/405/administration/guide/ex/sag_0180.html

the number that subscribers can dial to access the public distribution list over the phone (without having to spell the list name). If an extension is provided, the list owner can administer the list over the phone.

Yes, I've read this in documents. What I'm wondering is how to configure the extension in the Callmanager so when dialing the extension, I can leave messages to the whole member of the PDL.

By the way, after a member of the list handling the message, will it be available for the other members or not?

Thanks

Create a CTI route point "WXYZ" configured CFwdAll to Voicemail. Create a Callhandler "XYZ_PDL" and assign it 'WXYZ' as an extension. Configure this

callhandler to take messages for PDL.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: