cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

How to see names for the AbbrDial Numbers?

araffill
Level 1
Level 1

Hi All,

We have CCM ver 5.1.3 and users have 7911 phones.

For the speed dial numbers, users are able to see the names/labels on the phones.

However, for the AbbrDial numbers, users are not able to see the names/lables on the phones when they dial (though they have entered the name in the ccmuser page).

Is there a way users can see the name/label on the phone for AbbrDial numbers?

Currently users take a printout of the ccm user page to see the names for the abbrdial numbers.

Is there a better way out?

Please advise.

Thanks in Advance

7 Replies 7

Kid Dynamite
Level 1
Level 1

Nope!

A bit silly really but the fast dials and abb dials can't be seen if you are just using the handset alone.

The dreaded "print out" is what I have had my clients doing also..

jleon22
Level 1
Level 1

The only other way is to purchase the add-on modules if you wish to see them on the phone. The newer add-on modules (7915/7916) can hold a lot of lines or speed dials now.

Sascha Monteiro
Level 6
Level 6

Hi,

I am using the speeddials.jsp example from the Cisco IPPhone Services SDK as a base.

I disabled editing, but user can now list all their speed dials from services, and even dial from it!

Hi,

Thanks a lot. This should solve my case also.

looks like speeddials.jsp sdk script was written for cm4.x.

what updates are required to work on cm5.x/6.x platform that's integrated with active directory?

not sure how to complete the variables below

String callManager = "10.0.0.1";

String callManagerUserId = "administrator";

String callManagerPassword = "cisco";

String extMobUserId = "sdkapps";

String extMobPassword = "sdkapps";

String ldapServer = "10.0.0.1";

String ldapRoot = "o=cisco.com";

String ldapUserId = "cn=Directory Manager, o=cisco.com";

String ldapPassword = "cisco";

int ldapPort = 8404;

I've got the speeddials.jsp from SDK 7.1.2 setup on my network, but running into a problem in which everytime I try to add a new speeddial, I get a response from the app stating that the speeddial updated successfully (with no errors), but nothing ever gets updated.  Also, whenever I press the "Done" softkey, I get a XML Error [4]: Parse Error.  When looking the code, there a references to "emProvider, emUser" but we're not using Extension Mobility so these values should always be Null.  Here's what I have for authentication at the beginning of the code:

String callManager = "My.CCMPub.Server.IP";
String callManagerUserId = "UserID.AssocatedToPhone";
String callManagerPassword = "UserIDPassword";

String extMobUserId = "";
String extMobPassword = "";

String ldapServer = "";
String ldapRoot = "";
String ldapUserId = "";
String ldapPassword = "";
int ldapPort = 389;

We are syncing CCM (ver 8.0.3) with MSWindows Active Directory via LDAP for User Accounts only, not passwords.  This is the only part of the jsp code I modified.  All other code is the default that came with the SDK package.