Views
Helpful
Replies

Picking up another persons line

shanepresley
Level 1
Level 1

Hello,

One of the features our users have now is called a "call pickup group". Certain users are grouped together, and have the ability to pickup each others phone lines when it's ringing.

Each user only has 1 phone line. Here's the scenerio. Bob and Mary (our favorite Cisco example users) are in a call group together. A call comes into Bob's phone, but he isn't at his desk. Mary hear's Bob's phone ringing. Mary picks up her phone (gets a dailtone), presses *99, and then she receives the call that was rining at Bob's phone.

So it's not really that they can access each other's phone lines. It's only during a call ringing, they can intercept the call and "transfer" it to their phone.

I'm not sure how that translates to a UCM world. I don't need the procedure to be identical, just need the functionality.

Thanks

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Hi Shane,

We just received some 7965's yesterday (finally) so I have one setup on my desk. They do support Pickup (I just tested this feature out this morning :)

Great new phones by the way!

Hope this helps!

Rob

View solution in original post

6 Replies 6

Brandon Buffin
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

There is the concept of call pickup groups in CUCM. See the following link.

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/docs/voice_ip_comm/cucm/admin/6_0_1/ccmfeat/fscpickg.html#wpxref30558

Hope this helps.

Brandon

Thank you +5!

Followup, the document mentions that call pickup is supported on UCM6 or later and Cisco Unified IP Phones (7941, 7961, 7970, 7971 or 7905, 7912, 7920, 7931, 7940, 7960)

We will be running UCM6, but we are planning to use 7965 phones. I'm assuming they'll support call pickup, and the document just hasn't been updated?

Thanks!

Hi Shane,

We just received some 7965's yesterday (finally) so I have one setup on my desk. They do support Pickup (I just tested this feature out this morning :)

Great new phones by the way!

Hope this helps!

Rob

Thanks Rob, very helpful -- as always :)

Hi Shane,

You are most welcome my friend :) These are really nice phones I must say. I'll have to keep it hidden or I'll be replacing 2200 7940/7960's and 7941/7961's too soon.

We wanted to get these to test the new HHC (Headset Hookswitch Control) with Cordless Headsets (Plantronics and Jabra) where the user will be able to answer calls from the Headset itself without the Handset Lifter.

For Plantronics;

With the use of an Adaptor Part # APC-4 (called the HHC Adaptor) which plugs into the Aux Port on the base of the phone allows calls to be answered and disconnected via the Headset without the use of the Lifter

HHC adapter (APC-4) Product Information

http://plantronics.custhelp.com/cgi-bin/plantronics.cfg/php/enduser/std_adp.php?p_faqid=9880&p_created=1207353166

For GN Netcom/Jabra (see attached)

Hope this helps!

Rob

Very nice, I hadn't looked at HHC yet, but I'm sure some of our users will appreciate it.

We selected the 7965 because we wanted GB. Of course our users like it because of the color displays :)

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: