Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

DSCP marking based on routing table

Hi everyone

I would like to set DSCP on packets based on whether or not the destination ip address is in the BGP routing table. This needs to be performed on the input of an interface.

We are using a Cisco 2811 (C2800NM-ADVENTERPRISEK9-M), Version 12.4(2)T1.

Is this possible?

Thanks

5 Replies 5

andrew.prince
Level 10
Level 10

Anthony,

To my knowledge - nope. You can mark packets based on layer2/3/4 information, CoS values - and src/dst IP addresses and or layer 4 TCP/UDP port numbers, not if a speicifc route is in a routing table.

HTH>

Anthony,

Sorry Niranjan is correct - what I failed to add in my previous post was "To my knoweledge - nope on the 28xx platform."

HTH>

n.nandrekar
Level 4
Level 4

Hi!

I think this would be possible using QPPB (Qos policy propogation using BGP); but I doubt if QPPB is supported on 2800. Most probably its not. You can use cisco feature navigator to find out.

Qppb can mark packets based on the entry in the routing table.

Take a look at the following link and check if this is what you mean.

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/docs/ios/11_1/feature/guide/bgpprop.html

Regards,

Niranjan

(Pls rate helpful posts)

I was going to suggest qppb also but I have not taken the time to lookup if this can impact packet marking on input. I know it will mark the packets on output based on BGP parms but not sure if it can also affect input markings.

Thanks for the tips.

I tried the configuration, and I get this:

'% "precset" used as BGP outbound route-map, set precedence not supported'

Any ideas? The commands appear to be supported on the 2800, but I'm not sure why I'm getting the above error.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card