cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

UCCX - supervisor listen in, phone requirements

thomascollins
Level 3
Level 3

We're planning a deployment of UCCX5. Our users will have two phone lines: personal and call center. (7945 phones)

For our supervisors, they need the ability to listen in/barge in on calls. Does that require an additional line (programmable line key) on the phone? Since they already have two, would that require moving to the 7965 so we get 6 PLKs?

Thanks...

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

I have not touched express in many years, but I've used CAD pretty a lot with enterprise. First, yes, monitor is through PC speakers, but barge and intercept goes to the physical phone. there is no whisper though, so the supervisor can not coach without the customer hearing both parties.

david

View solution in original post

6 Replies 6

No, monitoring is done through your PC speakers, although barge in and intercept will require a line, but it doesn't have to be a 3rd line it could be their primary line, you just need to make sure it is configured in ucm correctly and associated to the right user.

david

Interesting, that seems a little odd for the users. They would need to monitor a call using their PC headphones, but if they wanted to barge in, they would need to switch to their phone?

Could monitoring be done through their phone, if they had an available line?

What about "whisper" -- how does that work?

Thanks!

I have not touched express in many years, but I've used CAD pretty a lot with enterprise. First, yes, monitor is through PC speakers, but barge and intercept goes to the physical phone. there is no whisper though, so the supervisor can not coach without the customer hearing both parties.

david

Interesting, thanks for the help!

Checkout the below link for Silent Monitoring & Whisper Coaching

https://supportforums.cisco.com/docs/DOC-37055

Hi,

I have installed Cisco supervisor desktop on a PC.The supervisor can see the agent as the meber of his team, but can't use the barge-in and intercept keys as these are showing inactive(greyed out).

Whenevr the agent(CAD on other PC) changes its state, the supervisor can clearly see in the CSD.

This is IPCCX6.0 prem setup with CCM 4.3(1)

CAd and CSD are running on two different PC.Supervisor on one PC using CSD is trying to barge-in/intercept agent using CAD on another PC.

What is the problem?

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: