Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Syslog just Stops

I continue to have problem with syslog. I have to delete my subscripition on Ciscowork and restrat cisco before it starts displaying recieved syslog msg. But this only last for a day or two and then it hangs again. When I go to syslog I see when i recieved the last msg. My server is still running, I can process other jobs but recieve no syslog msgs.

Any one experience this?

Mike

3 Replies 3

Joe Clarke
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

You need to enable SyslogCollector debugging in Collector.properties. Then restart SyslogCollector. When the messages stop getting processed, check the SyslogCollector.log for errors. This may not be the location of the problem, but it's a good place to start.

Note: I am assuming that when this problem happens, the messages are still being delivered to the syslog log file on the server. If not, then perhaps you have a network problem.

I can't locate where I enable syslog collector debug. I went to both RME and CS.

Mike

This needs to be set in NMSROOT/MDC/tomcat/webapps/rme/WEB-INF/classes/com/cisco/nm/rmeng/csc/data/Collector.properties.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: