cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Roles Call Manager 6.1.2

cplatt01
Level 1
Level 1

I want to give an admin the ability to assign his users (within User Management) the ability access to CCMuser pages. To do this, the admin needs to add the user to the Standard CCMUser Access. However, to do this I need to give him access to the privilege management. If he has access to this, he can turn around and assign a user superuser privileges? Is there anyway around this?

3 Replies 3

espereir
Level 5
Level 5

Hello Chris,

Unfortunately, if you give that user the ability to add and modify other users and roles/groups, he will be able to escalate his privileges. There is no way we can restrict that to happen more than telling the user that if he do so he will get suspended.

Hope this helps!

I guess it helps, but is there plans to change that in future releases?

Chris,

This is not the first time that someone requests this feature; however, we need to make the developers aware of this, my advise is to contact your Cisco account team and submit a feature request so the developer team can take that feature into consideration for further CCM releases. Your Cisco account team has access to the Product Enhancement Request (PER) tool. With this tool, the Cisco account team can submit a PER on your behalf with a business case behind it.

Have a nice day!

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: