cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

test environment setup

matt_drmmer
Level 1
Level 1

We are getting ready to setup a test environment for our phone system (CCM 4.1.3 with IPCC 4.1). What I need to know is do I need to set this up completly isolated from the production environment or would I be able to use the current architecture? Basically I finished getting the new CCM and IPCC servers setup but I don't have any extra switches to plug the phones into so I'm just trying to figure out if I can use our existing switches or if I am going to have to get another switch for the test environment. If anyone has any links to setting up test environments I would be more than happy to take a look, I cannot seem to find hardly anything regarding that on Cisco's site. any other suggestions or ideas are also welcome.

2 Replies 2

Chris Deren
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

You can absolutely use the same switch and simply place the switchports dedicated for the lab phones in a seperate VLAN, then create a seperate DHCP scope for this VLAN and point option 150 to the lab CM TFTP server. It's as simple as this.

HTH,

Chris

Thanks Chris - I will give it a shot in the morning and see how it goes.

thanks,

Matt

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: