cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Extension Mobility: IP Phone inherits CSS over that of the Device Profle

mz4kmq
Level 1
Level 1

I'm runnging CCM 6.1.2 and can't get the user device profile's CSS inherited over that of the phone's.

I have none selected for the Phone's CSS as well as none selected on the phone's device pool Calling Search Space for Auto-registration.

4 Replies 4

Marwan ALshawi
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

first lets say the user have phon1

and phone one must have CSS lets say CSS1

on phone one, Enable Extension mobility and for the logout profile use Use Current Device Settings.

then

On Device Profile configuration page, click on Line [1] - Add a new DN.

For Directory number configuration page, use the following parameters:

Directory Number [ur DN]

Route Partition [the required parttion]

Calling search space [put the CSS u want]

then

On the Cisco CallManager administration page, from the menu select User Management > End User

chose th user u want

then

Under Extension Mobility click find and select the profile u have created

GOOD LUCK

Please, Rate if helpful

Chris Deren
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

This works as designed when you login with EM on the phone Device Pool and device CSS of the phone will be used. Notice that there is not DP nor CSS configuration on the Device Profile configuration.

What are you trying to accomplish, perhaps we can recommand alternative solution.

Chris

I want the CSS to inherit the user's CSS from their primary phone. For example if user 1 logs into a phone at site 2, I want the IP phone to inherit the CSS as if the user was working from their office (ie, for all of their OffNet calls it would send the calls over the WAN to their site and use Site 1's voice gateway router, not site 2's voice gateway router).

as i mentioned above for those users creat extention mobilty profile for each one

and for each one in the profile creation slect the required CSS

and then in the user setting page for each user a associate each user with his/her corsponding profile

in this case the user will use the slected profile when log useing the extention mobility and the selected CSS which should be the same original one will be used

just try it step by step it gonna works

the following link for older version but useful

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/products/sw/voicesw/ps556/products_administration_guide_chapter09186a0080153e60.html

Troubleshooting Extension Mobility in Cisco CallManager

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/products/sw/voicesw/ps556/products_tech_note09186a0080093e72.shtml

good luck

rate if helpful

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: