cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Block P2P Traffic and Bittorrent

nikuhappy2010
Level 1
Level 1

Hi, I am looking a solution to block all P2P and bittorrent traffic by ASA FW (8.03 ver) and allow only a single machine in the network which is not to be blocked by ASA. Please suggest...

9 Replies 9

nikuhappy2010
Level 1
Level 1

Can anyone show here the configuration step by step?? Thanks!!!

Hi, the example is for P2P and IM Traffic Configuration and i wana block only P2P traffic. Question:- Does Bittorrent use P2P protocol?? Is there any free proxy server would you recommand through which I cud filter the same traffic instead of doing configuration on ASA. Thanks!!!

If you go thorugh the config statements in th example, you will see different sections for IM and P2P.

Just ignore the statements for IM and use the rest for P2P.

Regarding your query for Proxy Server to block P2P, there are may products which claim that but I don't know how efective they are. Some are listed here.

http://www.exefind.com/block-p2p/

Hi,

By this example for P2P traffic blocking, it will be valid for all softwares which works on P2P prrotocol. And what about Bit torrent traffic, will the traffic be also blocked? I am so confused in this...Please suggest..

Thanks

???

Yes and no - bit torrent traffic does generally behave like p2p traffic, however if the specific tcp ports are blocked:- 6881 to 6889, it will use port 80, then you would need to filter on application header traffic and content types, see the below guide for the pix/asa:-

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/customer/products/ps6120/products_configuration_example09186a0080940c5a.shtml

HTH>

The default RegEx expressions only seem to support Kazaa. Are there patterns for BitTorrent and others?

suvorov_vg
Level 1
Level 1

Hi! It has turned out to adjust ASA?

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card