cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

How to change the Calling number for inbound call

zhangjianping
Level 1
Level 1

I wanna know how to change calling number for inbound call in MGCP environment, such as , when a E164 number (006576123123) call into IPT system, I hope the calling number be changed to 91006576123123 on IP Phone screen.

I know how to do it for h323 mode in voice gateway, but this way doesn't work for MGCP mode. I don't know how to make it? Pls give me a hand

2 Replies 2

thfergus
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Two possible solutions:

1. Configure a translation pattern which matches the number range of internal extensions, e.g. 1XXX covers extensions 1000-1999. Configure it with a partition that is only included in the calling search space assigned to the MGCP gateway. Configure this translation pattern with a calling search space that includes the partitions of devices it should be able to reach. In the calling party transform mask field enter: 91XXXXXXXXXXXX.

2. under Call Manager service parameters (

Advanced) you have (under the MGCP parameters) National, International

prefix fields.

Enter 91 in those fields

Thanks Sir, I made it.

One another question,

how to transfer the DID number instead of the PRI trunk number for calling number when making outbound call?

In my environment when outbond call, the ANI (calling number)is trunk number which can't match users' requirement.

I only know this issue is some relatived with parameter 'national/international/unknown etc., but have no idea how to config it in both h323 GW and MGCP gw and CCM?

Your advice may be appreciated....

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: