Views
Helpful
Replies

Unable to hear the voice

Anand Narayana
Level 6
Level 6

Hi,

I have configured a Cisco 7640 IP phone over the vpn, where in I am able to make calls & able to speak/hear with others using the POTS line, but for fewer extension within my other branch office, I am able to hear others voice, but they are not able to hear, any idea what could be the reason? This is happening only to my extenstion & not for others. I hav configured the IP phone in my home & connected to my corporate office over the vpn where my call manager is installed & configured & all the calls will be routed only through the call manager.

1 Reply 1

Tommer Catlin
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

Sounds like you have a routing issue in your VPN network. Basically, if you have your IP phones on voice subnet, you will need to route this through the VPN for all phones to call back and forth. Remember, CallManager or CME will setup the call between (2) IP phones, then after the calls are connected, it drops out leaving only IPphone---to---IPphone. Is the two subnets can not be routed between the two phones, you will have a phone ring, then probably have no audio.

good luck!