cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

2 2960's one booting off tftp

nmooremvsc
Level 1
Level 1

I have 2 2960's that I just finished setting up. I got all done and did a copy run tftp to back up the base config for storage. One of the switches immediately showed that it's host configuration file in sh ver was on the tftp server. Now at boot it loads it's configuration from the tftp server. But the other 2960 doesn't show this behavior. I would like to know how to stop it from doing this, since the switch is being deployed at a remote site that will not always have a connection to the tftp server.

Any help would be greatly appreciated

Thanks.

3 Replies 3

Richard Burts
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Nick

There is an option to configure IOS to boot its configuration from a tftp server. I suspect that without intending to, that you did configure one of the 2960s for that. If you would post a copy of the running config from the 2960 we would be able to verify this.

HTH

Rick

HTH

Rick

Attached is the configs of the 2 switches config 1 is the switch that keeps trying to load configuration from the tftp server. Config 2 is working just as it's supposed to.

Nick

Thanks for posting the configs, which are quite helpful. As I suspected there is a config statement in switch 1 that is not in switch 2 and it is causing the difference in behavior. If you will put this into the config of switch 1 I believe that it will resolve your problem:

no service config

HTH

Rick

HTH

Rick
Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card