MARS topology graph

Unanswered Question
Aug 3rd, 2008

Question to Cisco representatives:

will and when Cisco develop convenient and scalable topology presentation in Cisco MARS?

I mean the next issues:

1. When there is many devices in network, they are displayed covering and overlapping each other, so user can not examine each individual device and IP subnet. I understand that limited space on computer monitor restricts the ability of MARS to display all devices without overlapping,

but: when I zoom in the picture, I reasonably expect that the size of each individual element will remain small (the same as in the original picture) and that while increasing the scale of the view I will have the ability to look at each individual device. But no: MARS increases the size of each individual element in proportion to scaling the general view, keeping the same overlapping of networks elements. So the topology graph remains almost useless.

Examples of my topology views (original sized and zoomed in) are attached.

2. It will be very convenient and useful if MARS users could adjust topology view by dragging and moving its elements by mouse, because MARS does not always depicts the optimal view (layout) of network elements.

I have this problem too.
0 votes
Overall Rating: 0 (0 ratings)

Actions

This Discussion