CCIE Voice Lab PRI emulator?

Unanswered Question
Aug 3rd, 2008

Hi,

I am building a home lab for the CCIE Voice Lab to supplement my study time on vRack. Frankly, I'd like to know if there exists a PSTN or PRI emulator so that I can test calls to telco from gatekeeper/gateway configurations. Beyond the exam, I plan to have a home lab so that I can test new technology for work as well. Can someone recommend a reasonable solution?

-Shikamaru

I have this problem too.
0 votes
Overall Rating: 0 (0 ratings)
Chris Deren Sun, 08/03/2008 - 20:42

You can just get another router to simulate PRI integration and cross connect it with the GW by using T1 cross-over cable. You will obviously need to configure one side as isdn network side by issuing "isdn protocol-emulate network" command on the D-channel (serial interface).

HTH,

Chris

shikamarunara Mon, 08/04/2008 - 15:06

Chris,

Is there any documentation on this? I'd like to be able to route calls from one PSTN circuit to another, not sure how this is accomplished.

-Shikamaru

Chris Deren Mon, 08/04/2008 - 19:58

Describe your topology a little bit more, and what you want to accomplish.

Chris

shikamarunara Mon, 08/04/2008 - 20:11

I want to build as much of the CCIE Voice lab topology as possible in a home lab situation. HQ should be able to do standard PRI with MGCP, BR1 also, and BR2 should be able to E1 R2. In other words, I'd like to be able to set up as much as possiblem without relying on vRack time.

-Shikamaru

Actions

This Discussion